AFPI is seeking a Copy Editor who will be responsible for editing Research Reports, Op-Eds, Issue Briefs, and other content daily. This team member should have strong and well-developed copy editing skills, including a solid knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and grammar. AFPI takes pride in producing professional and polished documents, and the Copy Editor will play an important role in this process.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Copy Editor Responsibilities and Duties:
- Copy edit policy papers, statements, conference programs, letters, and other documents as needed.
- Manage the responsibilities of editing longer documents and shorter documents with quick turnaround times.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the AFPI Style Guide and ensure consistency of style across all AFPI written products.
- Work with the Senior Editor to determine adjustments to the AFPI Style Guide as needed.
- Strong editing skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to review long documents and shorter documents with quick turnaround times.
- Strong communication skills and a good ability to explain recommended edits as needed.
- Experience in Communications or Journalism is a plus.
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief of Staff
- Chief Policy Officer
- Senior Editor
Type of Employment: Full Time
- Completion of an educational level that, in conjunction with relevant job experience, demonstrates a level of competence in the areas necessary to fulfill the responsibilities and duties of the position.
- Excellent writing, research, and editing skills.
- Strong communication skills, detail orientated, and organized.
- The ability to pursue several multi-stage projects concurrently while meeting deadlines.
- The ability to maintain productive and collegial relationships with staff and uphold the public reputation of the Institute.
- The ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the candidate who accepts the position. Please apply with a cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and references.
AFPI is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.