Director, Center for the American Child
The Director for the Center for the American Child will work to develop the Institute’s strategic vision and operational plans and manage their execution. This includes oversight of the development and quality production of the Center’s research and content deliverables, working with the Center Chair to develop a policy agenda, and executing the policy agenda through innovative legislation and strategy development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
This candidate will report to the Center Chair to oversee the strategic development of the research and policy goals of the Center for the American Child. This individual will work with AFPI’s Research Director to build a strong agenda that anticipates future legislative and regulatory action and news coverage. This team member will oversee the production of all content created within the Center which includes white papers, research papers, blog posts for the AFPI website, and op-eds for major media sources. This team member will collaborate with other AFPI Centers to identify potential areas for collaboration and also assist with the development of the Center’s stakeholder list, to ensure targeted and effective outreach on key policy priorities.
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience. Advanced degree or higher education preferred, but not requried.
- Legislative and policy experience in child well-being with a consistently high level of performance, including knowledge of Federal and state legislative and regulatory issues and processes.
- Excellent managerial ability, including the ability to organize and manage the day-to-day activities of the Center team and coordinate effectively with the policy and Research teams.
- Excellent writing, research, editing, and public testimony skills.
- Ability to comprehend/analyze complex legislative and regulatory issues, develop detailed, practical, free-market recommendations, provide quality research, and assist staff in doing the same.
- Demonstrated ability to make research recommendations become public policy at the Federal, State, and local level.
Salaries for positions will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the individual. Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, writing samples, and references.
AFPI is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.