Government Affairs Manager
America First Policy Institute (AFPI) seeks a coordinator for its growing Government Affairs division. Reporting to the Head of Government Affairs, the candidate will play a supporting role within the government affairs division, managing AFPI’s policy positions, backend resources, the AFA, relationship bank, and more.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Supporting implementing strategy alignment to advance critical AFPI policy goals.
Working closely with communications and various policy teams to ensure perspective is built into communications and legislative initiatives.
Working with AFPI’s 23 policy centers to monitor and also track federal legislative successes.
Supporting our government affairs team on major launches, campaigns, events and initiatives.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in a regulatory or legislative office.
- Excellent writing and social communications skills.
- Superior research skills; ability to quickly and accurately pull key facts or statistics to support a broader policy position.
- Experience working with policy and academic communities.
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the candidate who accepts the position. Please apply with a cover letter, resume, salary requirement, writing examples, and references here.