Internships for Spring 2023 - Washington, DC
Interns will help advance AFPI’s mission through the below departments. Interns will receive a $1,000 a month stipend. Please specify your top 2 choices when you apply. All candidates must be aspiring servant leaders. This is a in-person internship in Washington, DC.
- Communications: The Communications Intern will assist with all aspects of communication and press projects and tasks to cultivate media relationships, assist in interview and media preparation, research special projects, and advance AFPI’s research and policy work. Qualified candidates will have superior writing skills.
- Development: The Development Intern will assist with all manners of administrative tasks with AFPI’s Development team, including donor correspondence, CRM maintenance, thank you calls, donor research, event management, stewardship, and donor communications. The Development Intern will be expected to have strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Digital: The Digital Intern will help development and implement content and strategies for social media platforms. Responsibilities include analyzing engagement data, identifying trends in customer interactions, and assisting in planning digital campaigns and managing content creation.
- Engagement: The Engagement Intern will help connect AFPI’s policies to the American people. Interns will assist in planning and executing policy events and stakeholder calls, drafting emails, working with multiple coalitions, and conducting research. The Engagement team interfaces externally and with every department within AFPI. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Legal: The Constitutional Litigation Partnership Intern will help advance AFPI’s mission by assisting litigation efforts, including creating tracking systems, research projects, fact verification, coordinating meetings, and supporting communication efforts.
- Policy: The Policy Intern(s) will help advance AFPI’s mission by conducting research, assisting in drafting content, and coordinating tasks amongst the 22 AFPI policy centers. The Policy Intern will be expected to be organized and have strong writing and research skills.
- Operations: The Operations Intern will help advance AFPI’s mission by assisting in facilities management, personnel coordination, meeting set-up, performing administrative tasks, and assisting with event execution and governmental relations coordination.
Salaries for positions will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the individual. Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, writing samples, and references.
AFPI is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.