October 26, 2022
Center for 1776
Know Before You Go: Scottsdale School Board Elections
October 26, 2022
- Core Responsibilities of a School Board: Approve curriculum and textbooks based on standards, goals, and policies adopted by the board.
- Core Responsibilities of a School Board: Review and evaluate curriculum as it relates to student assessment results.
- Core Responsibilities of a School Board: Hold accountable the superintendent of the school district.
Too many of our schools, with the backing of elected school boards, are working to purposely divide children by teaching them Critical Race Theory (CRT) concepts, like believing that the color of their skin is more important than the content of their character, and sexualizing them by presenting age-inappropriate sexual content.
Your local school board has the power to reverse these attacks and make sure our children have age-appropriate education materials. The power lies in your vote! Elections take place on November 8, 2022.
Core Responsibilities of a School Board:
- Approve curriculum and textbooks based on standards, goals, and policies adopted by the board.
- Review and evaluate curriculum as it relates to student assessment results.
- Hold accountable the superintendent of the school district.
- Create a responsible budget to advance the educational success of the students.
- Provide transparency to parents and community members on what is occurring in their local schools.
Concerning Content and Actions Allowed in the Scottsdale Unified School District by the Governing Board:
Below are examples of sexual material and/or political indoctrination seen in the schools.
- One high school psychology teacher taught that “only 4% of men and 2% of women are exclusively heterosexual” and a theory that states “sexuality is a continuum.”
- A Scottsdale Unified School District “Support Services February Newsletter” contained a cartoon image of “The Gender Unicorn.” This image promoted the idea that sexuality and gender are “on a spectrum.”
- Cocopah Middle School hosts a Gender and Sexuality Alliances club, which is a chapter of the Gay, Lesbian, & Straight Education Network (GLSEN). Not only does GLSEN advocate for “comprehensive LGBTQ+ sex education,” but the Cocopah chapter won an award for getting the School Board to make a change where students can use their own created name, not their legal birth name on their ID, without parental consent.
- One parent requested public records from “the librarian and Gender Sexuality Club teacher.” The records included a “patient registration form for Identity Hormones.” While the reason the form existed is still unclear, the absence of a parent’s signature on the form raises serious concerns about parental rights.
- These types of policies are driven by elite, Washington D.C.-based national unions and associations who are out of touch with Arizona values. Instead, they push an agenda that denies parent rights, supports restrictive COVID-19 mandates, instigates racist curriculum and transgender policies, and even labels parents domestic terrorists.
Know Before You Go! These school board races are non-partisan elections, and voters also have the opportunity to pick two candidates instead of selecting just one. The America First Agenda aims to give parents more control of their child’s education, education choice, and honest teaching of American history. You can research candidates and what they stand for by identifying keywords and phrases in their statements like “parental rights,” “patriotic education,” and “education or school choice.” Also, be on the lookout for Washington D.C based union language like “institutional racism,” “social justice,” “equity,” and “gender identity.” Understanding what a candidate stands for will help you make the best decision for your children and community.
March 28, 2023
DHS Docket Number USCIS 2022-0016: Circumvention of Lawful Pathways
The America First Policy Institute (AFPI) submits the following public comment to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in response to…
March 28, 2023
FACT SHEET: H.R. 1 – The Lower Energy Costs Act
Unleashing American energy abundance will lower costs for hard-working families and provide the economic prosperity and security necessary for our Nation’s future.
March 27, 2023