November 04, 2022
Center for 1776
The Biden Administration’s Scary Education Priorities
November 04, 2022
THE NIGHTMARE ON MAIN STREET
The Biden Administration Attacks Honest Education and Parental Rights
- Rescinding the 1776 Commission and infusing radical race-based ideology through the entire federal government.
- 75% of registered voters are concerned about what their children are being taught in school these days. (February 24, 2022)
- Prioritizing the 1619 Project, so-called anti-racist pedagogy, and the notion that the country is systemically racist in grants awarded by the Department of Education that support teaching American history.
- 73% of registered voters believe the most appropriate way to teach U.S. history is that “America was founded on the ideals of freedom, equality, and self-governance. Our Nation has a tragic history of racial injustice, but we have made and continue to make progress.” Only 15% of registered voters believe the most appropriate way to teach U.S. history is that “America was founded on the ideas of racial oppression and white supremacy. We must recognize the founders of our Nation were racist and reject the system of government they created.” (September 1–2, 2022)
- Using the FBI to investigate parents’ involvement at local school board meetings as domestic terrorists.
- 68% of registered voters either do not believe public schools provide the best education for elementary school students or are unsure. (August 9-11, 2022)
- 53% of registered voters believe parents should have the greatest say in what their children are taught. (April 14–16, 2022)
- Prioritizing a transgender agenda over the needs of students by requiring States participating in the Federal school lunch program to define sex as including “gender identity” and “sexual orientation” as protected categories in policies related to Title IX.
- 69% of registered voters believe it is either very or somewhat inappropriate to withhold school lunch funding from schools that do not follow Title IX guidelines. (August 9–11, 2022)
- Changing Title IX regulations in ways that erode protections for women, undermine parental rights, and eradicate due process for college students.
- 69% of registered voters either strongly or somewhat oppose a proposal that would require all public schools to treat people according to their chosen gender identity. For example, this proposal would allow a biological male who identifies as female to compete in women’s sports and use the women’s locker room. (October 18–20, 2022)
- Threatening to “crack down” on states that do not allow biological males who identify as women to participate in female sports or enter women’s bathrooms.
- 61% of registered voters either strongly or somewhat oppose allowing biological males who identify as female to use girls’ bathrooms. (August 9–11, 2022)
- Calling for nearly half a billion dollars in the 2023 fiscal budget to further politicize education with union-backed school concepts seeped with radical race-based ideology.
- 55% of registered voters believe it is inappropriate to teach that America was founded on racism and white supremacy in elementary school education. (February 24, 2022)
- Spending taxpayer money to fund sexually provocative drag shows in foreign countries to “promote diversity and inclusion.”
- 72% of registered voters do not believe schools should teach children that they can change their gender. (October 18–20, 2022)
- Appointing administration officials dedicated to advancing radical race-based and gender-based ideologies including, but not limited to: Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Rachel LevineDepartment of Education Secretary Miguel CardonaDepartment of Education Assistant Secretary of the Office for Civil Rights Catherine Lhamon
- 73% of registered voters either strongly or somewhat disagree with people who advocate that children should be allowed to receive “gender-affirming care,” including puberty blockers and surgery, without the permission of the parents. (October 18–20, 2022)
- 78% of registered voters believe parents should be primarily responsible for passing on values related to sex and gender identity. (April 14–16, 2022)
- Infusing our military service academies, including West Point and the Air Force Academy, with radical race and gender ideology.
- 72% of registered voters agree that their identity as an American is more important than their racial and ethnic heritage. (January 24–25, 2022)
Replacing The Biden Administration Nightmarish Policies with Policies that Give Parents More Control of Their Childs Education
Options for State Leaders:
- Remove the requirement to discuss current events and not allow social or political advocacy as a course requirement, as well as bar both from promoting racist or bigoted concepts and teaching a defamatory history of America’s founding.
- Require public schools to publish financial expenditures, school board minutes, class syllabi, and other academic documents on the school’s website in a timely manner.
- Require school districts to publish all budgets and itemized expenditures on the school district’s website.
- Shift school board election dates to the same day as the general election, ensuring that all voters are aware of the school board election.
- Mandate Western Civilization, U.S. history, civics, economics, and state history to be taught in public schools.
- Ensure honest teaching of American history.
- Prevent race, sex, or other group identities from determining whether certain ideas, persons, or events are excluded or included in the curriculum.
- Prohibit outside vendors for school districts from promoting any racist or bigoted concepts through teaching or teacher training.
- Require all existing academic standards and any upcoming revisions to be submitted to the state legislature and governor for review.
- Prevent schools from rewarding or punishing teachers based on their commitment to a preferred set of political or philosophical ideas.
December 08, 2022
The U.S. is Funding China’s Genocide
This October, the United Nations Human Rights Council sparked global outrage as it voted not to discuss accusations of abuses against the Uyghurs in the Xinjiang region of China. China…
December 07, 2022
America First China Policy Principles in Practice - Center Overview - China Policy Initiatie
The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) represents the most comprehensive threat to our national security since the fall of the Soviet Union three decades ago. The essential difference is…
December 07, 2022
State Legislative Priority: Ensuring a Legal Workforce
The ability to obtain a job in the U.S. is one of the primary drivers of illegal immigration. Millions of illegal aliens currently work in the U.S. unlawfully because the existing paper-based…