March 10, 2022
Center for Energy & Environment
Unleashing American Energy
March 10, 2022
President Biden's anti-American energy policies are being felt by every American and relished by America's enemies. Routinely probing OPEC+ for oil while enacting policies that increase our energy and economic dependence on them leads to higher prices at the pump for hard-working families — a problem that Russia’s war on Ukraine will only exacerbate. While the Biden administration tries to find solutions in authoritarian rogue states like Iran and Venezuela, the U.S. oil and gas industry suffers. But the United States has enough energy to meet demand at home and support allies abroad. We do not need to be dependent on other nations, especially autocratic ones, to meet our energy needs.
America has vast, accessible oil and gas reserves, we can produce these energy resources more responsibly than anywhere else in the world, and we should unapologetically do so. We will make clear that more U.S. production means greater energy security for our allies, lower prices for consumers at home, and more strength abroad as we confront mounting threats from Russia and China.
Steps to unleash American energy and counter Russian aggression:
- Stop the regulatory assault on and reduce regulatory uncertainty for American energy financing, development, and production
- End Biden’s federal freeze on new oil and gas leases and permits Approve pending pipelines and LNG export permits
- Pause all new discretionary regulatory policy activity and actions, at home and abroad, that would harm traditional American energy production Remove burdensome red tape and implement meaningful permitting reform, including NEPA reforms, for the future of American energy infrastructure
- End woke climate activism by federal agencies and ensure financial regulators stay within their statutory mission
- Waive the Jones Act and allow pipelines from Canada to reduce market pressures and foster greater market liquidity