August 8, 2022
Policy | Center for Education Opportunity
The On-Cycle School Board Election Act
SEC. 1. DEFINITIONS. For the purposes of this [Act]:
- “school board member election” or “school board election” means the election held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November in even-numbered years beginning in 2024.
SEC. 2. SCHOOL BOARD GENERAL ELECTION DATES
- Every school board member election shall be the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November of even-numbered years.
- The term of every school board member elected in 2024 or thereafter shall be XXX years, except as specifically provided in other sections.
- No school board election shall be held in 2023 or any other odd-numbered year.
- Any school board member whose term expires in 2023 or any other odd-numbered year shall continue to serve until the election in the following even-numbered year.
- The term of any board member serving a term as of January 1, 2023, may be lengthened in accordance with this section but shall not be shortened.
- In an even-numbered year, the number of school board seats to be elected shall be equal to those with terms that would have expired in the previous odd-numbered year and those with terms expiring in such an even-numbered year. Except as specifically provided in other sections, the candidates in each school board election receiving the highest number of votes shall be elected for terms of 4 years.
Center for Education Opportunity | Matthew Lobel, Jonathan Pidluzny, Ph.D.
MODEL SCHOOL BOARD RESOLUTION - Condemning Jew-Hatred and Fighting Holocaust Denial
February 21, 2024
Center for 1776 | Alexandra Caro Campana, Cole Mushegan
Cherry Creek School District Records Request
November 3, 2023