Know Before You Go: Palm Beach County School Board Elections
Core Responsibilities of a School Board: Approve curriculum and textbooks based on standards, goals, and policies adopted by the board.
Core Responsibilities of a School Board: Review and evaluate curriculum as it relates to student assessment results.
Core Responsibilities of a School Board: Hold accountable the superintendent of the school district.
Too many of our schools, with the backing of elected school boards, are working to purposely divide children by teaching them Critical Race Theory (CRT) concepts, like believing that the color of their skin is more important than the content of their character, and sexualizing them by presenting age-inappropriate sexual content.
Your local school board has the power to reverse these attacks and make sure our children have age-appropriate education materials. The power lies in your vote! Elections take place on November 8, 2022.
Core Responsibilities of a School Board:
- Approve curriculum and textbooks based on standards, goals, and policies adopted by the board.
- Review and evaluate curriculum as it relates to student assessment results.
- Hold accountable the superintendent of the school district.
- Create a responsible budget to advance the educational success of the students.
- Provide transparency to parents and community members on what is occurring in their local schools.
Concerning Content and Actions Allowed in the Palm Beach County Public Schools by the Governing Board:
Below are examples of parental rights being eroded in the school district:
- The Board sent a letter to the Florida Legislature opposing the “Parental Rights in education” bill. They advocated for allowing transgender athletes to compete in women’s sports as well as for allowing children to hear conversations about “sexual orientation and gender identity.”
- The District’s Equity statement includes “dismantling racism and other systems of oppression and inequity,” and the equity policy discusses “eliminat[ing] implicit…biases.”
- These types of policies are driven by elite, Washington D.C.-based national unions and associations who are out of touch with Florida values. Instead, they push an agenda that denies parent rights, supports restrictive COVID-19 mandates, instigates racist curriculum and transgender policies, and even labels parents domestic terrorists.
Know Before You Go! These school board races are non-partisan elections. The America First Agenda aims to give parents more control of their child’s education, education choice, and honest teaching of American history. You can research candidates and what they stand for by identifying keywords and phrases in their statements like “parental rights,” “patriotic education,” and “education or school choice.” Also, be on the lookout for Washington D.C based union language like “institutional racism,” “social justice,” “equity,” and “gender identity.” Understanding what a candidate stands for will help you make the best decision for your children and community.