America First Policy Institute (AFPI) is committed to protecting the privacy of our online guests, users, staff, members, and friends through our compliance with this policy.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please email us at [email protected]
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WE COLLECT AND WHY WE GATHER SUCH INFORMATION
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- That personally relates to or identifies you, such as your name, password, postal address, e-mail address, home/mobile telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as political and religious affiliation and leaning, age, or gender; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, including but not limited to, website pages viewed, sites visited before visiting this Website, frequency of visits, clickstream data, browser type, operating system, organization name, articles, internet connection speed, presentations viewed, time spent viewing pages of our website or using certain features of our website, demographic data such as server locations, clickstream data, location services, server location, cookies existing on your computer, search criteria used and results, date and time of access or visits to our website, frequency of visits to our website, connection speed, and other information which does not specifically identify you. We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties.
We regularly send email newsletters to our registered users. Registered users may subscribe or unsubscribe to an email newsletter at any time by changing their email preferences. On occasion, we may send emails to individuals such as Website visitors who have provided us with their email address, informing them of events, developments, and various other AFPI activities we think might be of interest to them. Email recipients may always opt out of any email category at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the email message.
- Emailing Us: We try to respond to email messages requiring a response in accordance with our internal policies. If you email us, your message and email address will be forwarded to the appropriate department within our organization. We may choose to save this information. We are pleased to hear from you. However, any message, material, information, ideas, concepts or other information sent to us by email will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we will not be liable for delays or omissions in receiving or responding to email.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include: - Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, signing up for newsletters or email notifications, making a donation to AFPI, posting material, or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website. - Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us. - Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes. - Details of AFPI donations, merchandise orders, and other transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website. - Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: - Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website. - Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit AFPI, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Server Logs. Server Logs can be either a single log file or several log files automatically created and maintained by a server of activity performed by the server, which can include information about any transaction you conduct with the server.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
HOW INFORMATION HELPS BOTH YOU AND US
Information about you plays a key role in our ability to succeed in this mission. Amongst other things, it also helps us service your accounts and effectively promote the organization. For example, we use information about you to:
- Present our Website and its contents to you;
- Respond more accurately and efficiently to your requests;
- Identify opportunities to give you more convenience and control by developing new services that may benefit you;
- Provide you with information you request from us;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide;
- Notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may also use your information to contact you about certain topics, issues, and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
HOW AND WHY WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, organizations, AFPI staff, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our operations.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to better and more accurately if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend”, or similar feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent.
All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (e.g., the registration form, donation page, newsletter, or email alert signup). You can also always opt-out by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email with your request to [email protected].
- Promotional Information from the Institute. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by AFPI , you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (e.g., the registration form, donation page, newsletter or email alert signup). You can always opt-out at any other time by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
In addition, you can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We may at times send you email communications with informational or promotional materials. If you prefer not to receive such marketing or promotional emails from us, you may unsubscribe completely by emailing us at: [email protected]
Please note that opt-out requests may take up to twenty-four (24) hours to process. Please also note that at times we may need to send you email communications that are transactional in nature such as service or termination announcements or payment confirmations which are communications you will not be able to opt-out of.
If you would like us to remove your personally identifiable information from our database, please send a request to: [email protected]
We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third-party services or other third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this notice.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Privacy Notice shall be governed by, construed and entered in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas applicable to contracts deemed to be made within such state, without regard to the choice of law or conflict of law provisions thereof. All disputes with respect to this Privacy Notice shall be brought and heard either in the Texas state or federal courts of proper jurisdiction located in Tarrant County. You consent to the in personam jurisdiction and venue of such courts. YOU HEREBY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM, ACTION OR PROCEEDING, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO, THIS AGREEMENT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
REVIEWING, CHANGING OR CORRECTING INFORMATION.
You are solely responsible for helping us to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal and other information. We urge you to review your information regularly to ensure that it is correct and complete. If you believe that any of your information is incorrect, or if you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us.
You may, of course, decline to share any or all of your personal information with us or ask us to delete your personal information from our systems at any time, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on or through the Website and the Services.
or via our toll-free number:
To register a complaint or concern, please email our privacy officer at: [email protected].
SMS/MMS Terms and Conditions:
America First Policy Institute (“we,” “us,” “our”) is providing a mobile messaging program subject to these SMS/MMS Terms and Conditions. Subscribers agree to receive messages from America First Policy Institute containing news updates, calls-to-action, and fundraising solicitations. If you do not wish to continue participating in the program or no longer agree to these Terms, you can reply “STOP” to any mobile message from us in order to opt-out of the program.
User Opt-In: This program allows users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by users opting into the program, for example through online sign-up forms or by texting a keyword to our shortcode number, or any future shortcode numbers. Regardless of the opt-in method used to join the program, you agree that these Terms apply to your participation in the program. The mobile messaging service used to communicate with you through this program requires human intervention for mobile messages to be sent. Therefore, through this program, our SMS/MMS messages are not sent to you by an automatic telephone dialing system. Nevertheless, by participating in the program, you agree to receive autodialed marketing mobile messages and you understand that consent is not required to make any purchase from us.
Program Information: Without limiting the scope of the program, users that opt into the program can expect to receive messages concerning America First Policy Institute.
Cost and Frequency: Message and data rates may apply. Messaging frequency varies. The program involves repeated mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent based on your interactions with us.
Contact Information: For support text “HELP” to our shortcode number or to any of our mobile messages, or email [email protected].
User Opt-Out and Help: To opt-out (no longer receive messages via shortcode SMS/MMS from us through this program), reply “STOP” to our shortcode number, or to any of our mobile messages from your mobile device or email [email protected]. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt-out. For additional support, text “HELP” to our shortcode number to get help. For customer service support call: (571) 348-1802.
Compatible carriers include: AT&T, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, Alltel (Verizon Wireless), U.S. Cellular, Cellular One, MetroPCS, ACS/Alaska, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Centennial Wireless, Cox Communications, EKN/Appalachian Wireless, GCI, Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix/Keystone Wireless, Inland Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless, Rural Cellular Corporation, Thumb Cellular, United Wireless, West Central (WCC), Cellcom, C Spire Wireless CellSouth, Cricket, Cincinnati Bell and Virgin Mobile®
MMS Disclosure: This program will send SMS messages if your mobile device does not support MMS messaging.
Warranty: Delivery of mobile messages is subject to transmission from your wireless service provider and network operator, and is outside of our control. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any mobile messages connected with this program.