Arizona Executive Director
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee strategic development of all state-specific research and policy goals, planning, and related work in coordination with the State Chair.
- In coordination with the State Chair, Director of State Chapters, and Chief Policy Officer, develop a state overview that anticipates future legislative and regulatory action, news coverage, and economic events; establish appropriate timelines and lines of effort.
- Engage in Legislative Session Preparations with relevant AFPI Policy Centers and Engagement teams.
- Develop a strategic plan for policy priorities.
- Collaborate with government officials, lawmakers, and community partners to influence public policies, providing policy packages, messaging and engagement.
- Oversee the production and quality control of all state-specific research output, including planning, scheduling, and editing.
- Research and Data Analysis: Stay updated on the latest research and data related to Arizona affairs, demographics, and social issues. Utilize this information to inform strategic decisions and program development.
- Work with the Director of State Chapters to manage the day-to-day operations and priorities of the state chapter team, including coordinating and preparing the State Chair for AFPI events, identifying specific state chapter needs, meeting and tracking legislator meetings, leading AFPI- Arizona specific calls (internally and externally), and ensuring any state-specific contractors are fulfilling their responsibilities.
- In coordination with the State Chair, build statewide coalitions and develop local volunteer leadership to advance the America First Movement in Arizona.
- Explore and, in consultation with the State Chair, propose new initiatives and programs to broaden the reach of the State’s content.
- Coordinate advocacy initiatives with the Engagement team and provide timely reports on critical legislation to ensure aligned and proactive responses.
- Effectively collaborate with various stakeholders, including state and local elected officials.
- Fundraising and Grant Writing: Collaborate with the development team to secure funding for Arizona initiatives. Participate in grant writing and assist in donor engagement efforts.
- Media and Public Relations: Serve as a spokesperson for the organization's Arizona affairs initiatives in media engagements, public events, and conferences, representing the organization's mission and values effectively.
- Identify opportunities for policy experts and chairs through community engagement, local radio, Op-Eds, etc.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local, regional, and national organizations to enhance the organization's reach and impact.
- Develop regional media contacts.
- Provide weekly reports for senior leadership, as well as AFPI Board Members and Chairs as requested.
- Forward requests for AFPI to engage as an organization in any matter to the appropriate/designated person at AFPI.
- Attend AFPI or AFPI related events or engagements as needed.
- Other activities as mutually agreed.
- Senior Management
- Policy & Research Staff
- Support Staff
- Communications and Digital Team
- Engagement Team
- Development Team
- Government Affairs Team
Type of Employment: Contractor, Part-Time, or Full-Time Employee
- Reside in the state of Arizona.
- Completion of an educational level that, in conjunction with relevant job experience, demonstrates a level of competence in the areas necessary to fulfill the responsibilities and duties of the position.
- A significant level of relevant legislative and policy experience within the state of Arizona with a consistently high level of performance, including knowledge of state legislative and regulatory issues and processes.
- An entrepreneurial mindset that seeks out new opportunities to grow and advance the mission of AFPI and the State Chapter.
- Excellent writing, research, editing, and public testimony skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make research recommendations become public policy at the State and local level.
- The ability to maintain productive, collaborative, and collegial relationships with staff and external stakeholders and uphold the public reputation of the Institute.