Scorekeeping Senior Advisor, AFPI’s Scorekeeping Team
AFPI’s new scorekeeping team will serve all Americans, providing rigorous analyses and resources about the effects of public policy proposals on federal budgets and the American economy.
The America First Policy Institute (AFPI) is seeking motivated JD or PhD holders, and others with significant professional experience to join its scorekeeping team. Scorekeeping Senior Advisors will have the opportunity to develop and deploy expertise in a variety of policy and scorekeeping areas.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Analyzing a variety of policy proposals, building expertise on the fly when needed to cover a breadth of issue areas. The Scorekeeping Senior Advisor will:
- Conduct deep research into the specifics of a proposal, including relevant current law that forms the policy baseline; scorekeeping precedent relating to budget, revenue, and cost-benefit analysis; open source and other modeling resources that might be used for analyzing the policy proposal; public policy and academic research related to methods and key assumptions.
- Apply and develop economic models to simulate reform and baseline policy scenarios.
- Apply economics-guided reasoning to assess the budgetary and economic impacts of proposals or to analyze the quality of existing scorekeeping procedures and precedents.
- Write quantitative and qualitative scorekeeping reports based on AFPI scorekeeping analyses, with the ability to “translate” those technical analyses for policy audiences.
- When appropriate and in partnership with AFPI policy teams, engage key audiences in news media, government agencies and regulators, or academic communities to promote AFPI scorekeeping analyses.
- Managing AFPI investments in the development of scorekeeping resources. The Scorekeeping Senior Advisor will:
- Plan and manage AFPI investments into open source scorekeeping resources like models, data sets, methodological development, and digital interfaces that accompany and amplify AFPI’s scorekeeping analyses for the public and policymakers to access directly.
- Develop and help grow a community of scorekeeping researchers.
The qualified applicant should possess a deep quantitative integrity, respect for the scientific process, and respect for gaps in their own knowledge.
The qualified applicant should respect knowledge yet have humility for the role of the expert in the policymaking process. Truth and what is best for America must be foundational motivations.
Scorekeeping Senior Advisors should possess a JD, PhD, or have commensurate professional experience.
Scorekeeping Senior Advisors may work remotely, in Washington, DC, or near Atlantic Highlands, NJ.
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the candidate who accepts the position. Please apply with a writing sample, a programming sample if available, cover letter, resume, a salary requirement, and optionally references.
AFPI is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.