October 26, 2022
Center for 1776
Know Before You Go: Wake County School Board Elections
October 26, 2022
- Core Responsibilities of a School Board: Approve curriculum and textbooks based on standards, goals, and policies adopted by the board.
- Core Responsibilities of a School Board: Review and evaluate curriculum as it relates to student assessment results.
- Core Responsibilities of a School Board: Hold accountable the superintendent of the school district.
Too many of our schools, with the backing of elected school boards, are working to purposely divide children by teaching them Critical Race Theory (CRT) concepts, like believing that the color of their skin is more important than the content of their character, and sexualizing them by presenting age-inappropriate sexual content.
Your local school board has the power to reverse these attacks and make sure our children have age-appropriate education materials. The power lies in your vote! Elections take place on November 8, 2022.
Core Responsibilities of a School Board:
- Approve curriculum and textbooks based on standards, goals, and policies adopted by the board.
- Review and evaluate curriculum as it relates to student assessment results.
- Hold accountable the superintendent of the school district.
- Create a responsible budget to advance the educational success of the students.
- Provide transparency to parents and community members on what is occurring in their local schools.
Concerning Content and Actions Allowed in the Wake County Public Schools by the Governing Board:
Below are examples of CRT and/or political indoctrination seen in the schools.
- Wake County hosted a conference for 200 teachers pertaining to “whiteness,” “affinity groups,” and “microaggressions.”
- When asked how to handle “parent pushback,” the teachers were told, “You can’t let parents deter you from the work.”
- The Carolina Journal noted that many of the cases received by Lt. Governor Mark Robinson’s Fairness and Accountability in the Classroom for Teachers and Students (F.A.C.T.S.) task force included concerns raised by parents, students, and teachers from Wake County.
- These types of policies are driven by elite, Washington D.C.-based national unions and associations who are out of touch with North Carolina values. Instead, they push an agenda that denies parent rights, supports restrictive COVID-19 mandates, instigates racist curriculum and transgender policies, and even labels parents domestic terrorists.
Know Before You Go! These school board races are non-partisan elections. The America First Agenda aims to give parents more control of their child’s education, education choice, and honest teaching of American history. You can research candidates and what they stand for by identifying keywords and phrases in their statements like “parental rights,” “patriotic education,” and “education or school choice.” Also, be on the lookout for Washington D.C based union language like “institutional racism,” “social justice,” “equity,” and “gender identity.” Understanding what a candidate stands for will help you make the best decision for your children and community.
December 08, 2022
The U.S. is Funding China’s Genocide
This October, the United Nations Human Rights Council sparked global outrage as it voted not to discuss accusations of abuses against the Uyghurs in the Xinjiang region of China. China…
December 07, 2022
America First China Policy Principles in Practice - Center Overview - China Policy Initiatie
The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) represents the most comprehensive threat to our national security since the fall of the Soviet Union three decades ago. The essential difference is…
December 07, 2022
State Legislative Priority: Ensuring a Legal Workforce
The ability to obtain a job in the U.S. is one of the primary drivers of illegal immigration. Millions of illegal aliens currently work in the U.S. unlawfully because the existing paper-based…