October 26, 2022
Center for 1776
Know Before You Go: Pinellas County School Board Elections
October 26, 2022
- Core Responsibilities of a School Board: Approve curriculum and textbooks based on standards, goals, and policies adopted by the board.
- Core Responsibilities of a School Board: Review and evaluate curriculum as it relates to student assessment results.
- Core Responsibilities of a School Board: Hold accountable the superintendent of the school district.
Too many of our schools, with the backing of elected school boards, are working to purposely divide children by teaching them Critical Race Theory (CRT) concepts, like believing that the color of their skin is more important than the content of their character, and sexualizing them by presenting age-inappropriate sexual content.
Your local school board has the power to reverse these attacks and make sure our children have age-appropriate education materials. The power lies in your vote! Elections take place on November 8, 2022.
Core Responsibilities of a School Board:
- Approve curriculum and textbooks based on standards, goals, and policies adopted by the board.
- Review and evaluate curriculum as it relates to student assessment results.
- Hold accountable the superintendent of the school district.
- Create a responsible budget to advance the educational success of the students.
- Provide transparency to parents and community members on what is occurring in their local schools.
Concerning Content and Actions Allowed in the Pinellas County Public Schools (PCPS) by the Governing Board:
Below are examples of parental rights being eroded in the school district:
- Under LGBTQ resources, the District website states, “Protect all youth’s privacy. Be careful not to disclose or discuss sexual identity issues with parents or anyone else, without the young person’s prior permission, unless there is an immediate threat to their safety or wellbeing.”
- The School Board had police remove a Turning Point USA staffer, a conservative activist group, from the school board meeting after he spoke out against two agenda items that would implement CRT. He was told if he ever came back without an invitation, he would be arrested.
- PCSP’s Bridging the Gap Plan 2021-22 states that hiring managers will need to be trained… “on shifting mindset and implementation strategies for hiring related to recognizing unconscious bias, equity and excellence and cultural responsiveness.”
- These types of policies are driven by elite, Washington D.C.-based national unions and associations who are out of touch with Florida values. Instead, they push an agenda that denies parent rights, supports restrictive COVID-19 mandates, instigates racist curriculum and transgender policies, and even labels parents domestic terrorists.
Know Before You Go! These school board races are non-partisan elections. The America First Agenda aims to give parents more control of their child’s education, education choice, and honest teaching of American history. You can research candidates and what they stand for by identifying keywords and phrases in their statements like “parental rights,” “patriotic education,” and “education or school choice.” Also, be on the lookout for Washington D.C based union language like “institutional racism,” “social justice,” “equity,” and “gender identity.” Understanding what a candidate stands for will help you make the best decision for your children and community.
March 28, 2023
DHS Docket Number USCIS 2022-0016: Circumvention of Lawful Pathways
The America First Policy Institute (AFPI) submits the following public comment to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in response to…
March 28, 2023
FACT SHEET: H.R. 1 – The Lower Energy Costs Act
Unleashing American energy abundance will lower costs for hard-working families and provide the economic prosperity and security necessary for our Nation’s future.
March 27, 2023