May 08, 2023
Center for Law and Justice
Is the Government being Weaponized Against You?
May 08, 2023
UNEQUALLY APPLYING THE LAW SUBVERTS JUSTICE FOR ALL
Government agencies too often use their authority and power, appearing to unequally target groups and individuals based on their political and ideological views. Below is a list of recent abuses of executive authority, which point to an urgent need for reform and congressional oversight.
- Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg leveraged his office’s prosecutorial powers by bringing dubious charges against former President Trump, all while largely ignoring the violent crime epidemic plaguing the citizens of New York City.
- The Intelligence Community was weaponized against former President Trump during and after his 2016 Campaign, representing the clearest example of government resources being deployed to pursue an ideological and political opponent.
- The IRS was more likely to investigate conservative non-profits applying for tax-exempt status in 2013, and now, lower- and middle-class Americans are the primary target of the Big Socialism Bill, with 87,000 new IRS agents to increase audits on hardworking taxpayers.
- The Department of Homeland Security created a dystopian Disinformation Governance Board in an attempt to silence political opponents and determine what Americans are allowed to consume.
- Federal prosecutions against political violence could not be more divergent. Upwards of 90% of charges or citations against BLM rioters were dropped, dismissed, or went unfiled, while more than one-third of Jan 6. perpetrators have pled guilty to federal charges.
- Progressive prosecutors seek to subvert the rule of law by decriminalizing whole categories of offenses, leading to more crime and social dysfunction.
- The Department of Education has investigated Religious-Affiliated Institutions for alleged discrimination against LGBT students, even though the colleges are permitted to, under the religious exemption of current Title IX regulations.
- Churches and Crisis Pregnancy Centers across the country were hit with violence, vandalism, and disruptions in 2022, and the Department of Justice neglected to protect them and has yet to investigate these acts of religious discrimination.
- The Department of Justice targeted Parents at School Board Meetings after the Secretary of Education solicited the National School Board Association to call on the DOJ to use the PATRIOT Act against parents’ “threats” of “domestic terrorism.”
BOTTOM LINE: Justice for All can only happen when laws are applied equally to all Americans. For more details and information on the weaponization of government, you can read AFPI’s Issue Brief HERE.
June 05, 2023
STATEMENT: Carla Sands on OPEC’s Decision to Reduce Global Oil Production and the Fragility of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, the America First Policy Institute (AFPI) released the following statement from Carla Sands, Vice Chair of the Center for Energy & Environment at AFPI, regarding…
June 02, 2023
The Border Crisis Hits Your Community: Key Facts and Figures
May 31, 2023
ISSUE BRIEF: How the Administrative State is Being Used to Criminalize Lawful Gun Owners
Although recent victories for the Second Amendment in the United States Supreme Court, such as New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen (2022), may give many Americans the…